Proposition 1 – Educational Programs & Operations Levy (Renewal)
Quick look – the proceeds from this levy go fund day-to-day classroom and operational needs that are not funded by the state. Total collected in four years = $304 million.
- 7th period classes and tutorial at middle schools and high schools
- Additional nurses, counselors, and security
- Special Education
- Gifted Programs
- Orchestra, band, music, and art in elementary schools
- World languages in middle schools
- Athletics and after school activities
Proposition 2 – Technology & Capital Projects Levy (Renewal)
Quick look – proceeds from this levy go towards the programs it currently funds. Total collected in four years = $163 million.
Proceeds will fund:
- Classroom technology and training for teachers
- Laptops for middle school and high school students
- Large scale school improvements like the carpeting, roofs, and heating and cooling systems
- Integrated digital curriculum
- Collaborative STEM learning
- Access to new technologies that support student learning
Proposition 3 – School Bus Levy
Quick look – proceeds from this levy go will address growing enrollment by increasing bus capacity for 7-10 years Total collected in one year = $8 million.
Proceeds will fund:
- Less crowded buses
- Increased convenience with more bus routes
- Reduced traffic congestion around schools
- Continued safe travel for field trips and extracurricular activities
Financial impact – The local school tax rate will decrease from $2.93 in 2017 to $2.58 in 2022. This amount includes the cost of bonds previously approved by voters for the construction of new buildings.
Note: The Bellevue School District website did not include information about changes in state property tax rates to pay for education across the state.
Want to learn more?
About this series: EEN’s School District Ballot Measure Overview provides voters with information about the February 2018 levy/bond ballot measures, compiled from each school district’s website. EEN intern Cami Brix contributed to this series.